Christopher W. TimmonsTrial Attorney
Chris Timmons is a veteran litigator and trial attorney, having tried more than 100 cases to judges and juries, almost all as sole or chief counsel. Chris’s jury trial experience includes RICO, breach of contract, opioid, gambling, and public corruption cases, many of which have been the subject of local, state-wide, and even national media attention. He also has argued multiple cases before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court.
Chris joined Poole Huffman after serving as a prosecutor for over 17 years in DeKalb and Cobb Counties. In DeKalb, Chris served as a Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney and headed the Organized Crime Division, which included the White Collar, Public Integrity, and Gang Units. In Cobb County, he served as the first specialized White Collar prosecutor.
Prior to becoming a prosecutor, Chris was a litigation associate for five years at King & Spalding in Atlanta and Taft, Stettinius, & Hollister in Cincinnati. At those firms he handled business litigation, real estate litigation, securities class actions, and products liability cases from the filing of complaints through appeals.
For the past 11 years, Chris has also been an adjunct professor at the Georgia State University College of Law, teaching a three credit hour required course on Trial Advocacy to second year law students.
Chris grew up in Marysville, Ohio. He and his wife Kelly, a GSU law professor and the College of Law’s former Dean of Students, live in the Candler Park neighborhood of Atlanta with their two daughters. In his spare time, Chris enjoys international travel, cooking, and helping to coach Inman Middle School’s girls lacrosse team.
J.D., Vanderbilt Law School, 1996
B.A., Economics, Miami University, 1993
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
All Georgia Courts
All Ohio Courts
Bleckley Inn of Court
Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Membership Committee Chair
Atlanta Bar Association
- Emory Law School, Law in Public Health Lecturer, using RICO to combat the Opioid Crisis, 2020, 2021
- Georgia ICLE RICO Seminar Panel Moderator, Prosecuting RICO Cases, 2015, 2018
- Georgia Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council Winter Conference Presenter, RICO for Beginners, 2017, 2018
- Georgia Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council Summer Conference Presenter 2006, 2012, 2018
- Emory Law School Kessler-Eidson Trial Techniques Instructor, Jury Selection, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan 2012, 2015, 2016
- Georgia ICLE Annual Institute for City and County Attorneys Presenter 2011
- Georgia Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council Basic Litigation Course Faculty 2006, 2008