Cal HarrisTrial Attorney
Born in Winston-Salem, NC and raised in Durham, NC, trial attorney John Calhoun "Cal" Harris, Jr. has over 30 years of experience representing clients in state and federal courts in Georgia. His background also includes coordinating the defense of products for manufacturers in the United States and abroad. While abroad, Cal counseled and advised a vehicle manufacturer and assisted the company's product analysis team in responding to discovery requests, formulating and executing defense strategy, marshalling evidence, preparing for and carrying out the plan. Cal's significant trial experience includes cases involving transportation, construction, intentional torts and professional wrongdoing. He has handled cases in dozens of Georgia counties. After decades of successfully defending corporations and individuals and representing Fortune 500 companies, Cal's practice now includes representing seriously injured individuals and damaged businesses due to the wrongful conduct of others.
J.D., Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, 1989
B.S., English Literature, Furman University, 1986
Member of the State Bar of Georgia
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of hospital and EMS personnel following jury trial in Hancock County, Georgia, in a professional negligence case.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of a national energy drink distributor in a jury trial in Fulton County, Georgia in a premises liability tort case.
- Successfully resolved tort claims against a repair facility involving allegations of negligent maintenance and repair leading to an equipment failure fire that severely burned a nearby worker who subsequently sustained brain damage while undergoing wound treatment.
- Was a member of the trial team defending a vehicle manufacturer in New Jersey, Florida, Texas and California involving allegations of defective airbags, fuel tanks, and other safety systems.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of the Muscogee County school district in a jury trial that was affirmed on appeal in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, in a governmental liability case.
During his personal time, Cal takes pleasure in fly fishing, running, sailing, and spending time with his family. He also enjoys volunteering within his community. Some of the values that he holds close to him include his faith, family, and belief in the American system of pursuing justice.